Drone Licence/RPL Minimum Requirements
WHY DO I NEED A DRONE LICENCE / RPL?
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- a valid class 4 medical certifi cate for B-VLOS
operations or operations involving remotely piloted
aircraft classified as class 3 or higher;
- for all other classes or types of operations, a selfdeclared medical assessment report as prescribed
in the Implementing Standards for Continuing
Airworthiness, Operations and Maintenance of
Remotely Piloted Aircraft;
- a restricted Certificate of Proficiency in
- level 4 English language proficiency level;
DURING YOUR TRAINING
THE FOLLOWING IS INCLUDED IN YOUR COURSE
You must successfully complete an English Proficiency Exam, which includes an oral interview with examiner. Exemptions are available for students holding Ordinary Level English.
You must obtain a Radio Telephony certificate
All theoretical examinations must be successfully completed with a pass mark of above 75% .
Successful completion of the practical flight training syllabus.
Successful completion of a skills test conducted by the Designated Remote Examiner (DRE)
BEFORE YOU START YOUR TRAINING
YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY FOR AN RPL IF YOU AIM TO FLY:
a drone for private , corporate or commercial use